120inna55 Forum Forum Index 120inna55 Forum
Welcome to 120inna55's Forum, a place for discussion about my blog or anything you choose. Enjoy your stay!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pip's Eyes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120inna55
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Pip's Eyes Reply with quote

Our beloved Pip is a Pit Bull mix. She has (had) glaucoma that resulted in complete blindness about 2 years ago. She adapted to the blindness quite well, and can even maneuver through the woods on her own to have her morning "movement". Otherwise, she lives in the house with us and apparently loves it. She retrieves her toys from her basket and plays with them. She even stimulates herself by tossing her toys into the air and then searches them out. She is a very content and gentle dog.

In simple terms, glaucoma causes an increased pressure in the eyes. As is often the case, the medications that were designed to keep the pressure in her eyes under control were starting to fail to keep her comfortable. To eliminate her pain, today, Pip had a complete enucleation (surgical removal of her eyes). She is doing quite well just 4 hours post-op. The stitches will be removed in about 2 weeks.

I took a picture of her just to document the occasion, but I realized the picture may be misleading.

Even just four hours post-op, she's still a happy, content, dog. So, I shot this short video of her wagging her tail.

Click here for a YouTube video of pip wagging her tail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    120inna55 Forum Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: