120inna55 Forum Forum Index 120inna55 Forum
Welcome to 120inna55's Forum, a place for discussion about my blog or anything you choose. Enjoy your stay!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Becky's Back!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120inna55
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Becky's Back! Reply with quote

It's been well over a year since I've seen meteorologist, Rebecca Miller. My wife and I immediately noticed her abscence from KXAS in March 2008. We searched online for information regarding her absence and eventually discovered she was fired by KXAS. (If you want to know the details of her exit, it's easy to find with a quick internet search. I won't go into that here, since it's well covered elsewhere.) Regardless of the reason, it was a dumb move on KXAS's part. Becky's forcasts were honest, and she never hyped the weather. Texas weather is volitile enough as it is. Unfortunately, some meteorologists seem to project the worst instead of the likelihood. If every front that comes through is a "tragedy", the viewers begin to quit listening, and then they're unprepared when a "real" threatening storm comes through. Becky would talk to the viewers as if we were actually intelligent. She'd tell us when a real threat was coming, but just as importantly, she would tell us when things weren't so dangerous. A very refreshing trait that Becky has is her comfort in her own skills allowing her to be honest when she's just not sure, while so many other meteorologists don't even acknowledge when they've gotten it wrong.

Flipping through the channels recently, I landed on KDAF-TV Channel 33. Much to my surprise, there's Rebecca Miller! After a quick search, we found that she's been there full-time since January. That'll teach me to stay in a rut and only watch one channel for news. My wife and I adore Becky so much, we may actually sacrifice HD news just to get the informative forecasts from her. I'm torn, though, because I do like KXAS's Brendan Higgins, Deborah Ferguson, and Tammy Dombeck, but I'm willing to give KDAF's personalities a chance. Now, I need to go find the emails of their the engineers to find out their plans to go HD.

Welcome back, Becky! Sorry it took so long to find you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    120inna55 Forum Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: